Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Religion

I totally agree with your statement about religion. I believe there should definitely be a separation between school and church. A child should not be pressured with religion on top of academics. It should be evoked at home, I also totally agree with the commentary on if you want your child to go to a religious school than you enroll them in one. But again I do not agree with religion in public school. I do agree teaching about it as I learned it minimally in my History class growing up. But nowadays it seems like they are taking more and more out of our textbooks because its not important enough. If I had a child id want them to be well informed of other cultures and religions. And I have to agree with the pledge of allegiance keep the "under god" part, its American and if people don't like it they don't have to say it. I think it should remain in schools and not rebuttal should be placed on it. But overall I totally agree with you :)

No comments: